Blue Spirulina Milk-Loaf
bis Lili Nyári auf Mar 20, 2023
Ingredients for one milk-loaf:
- 750 g flour
- 5 dkg fresh yeast/2 packets of dry yeast
- 4,5 dl lukewarm milk
- 200 g sugar (2-3 tbsp will be needed to activate fresh yeast)
- 2 eggs (+1 to glaze the top)
- 1 lemon’s freshly grated zest
- ½ lemon’s freshly squeezed juice
- pinch of salt
- 150 g butter (room temperature)
- 1 tsp/tbsp Yes Superfood Blue Spirulina Powder
- If you are using fresh yeast, you will have to activate it first with sugary milk. In a big bowl add 2-3 tsps of sugar to the lukewarm milk, then crumble the yeast into it. Put the bowl in a warm place, and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. It is ready when a bubbly foam has formed on top.
- Combine all the ingredients (except the butter and the Blue Spirulina powder) in a big bowl, and knead it with your hands for 10 minutes.
- Add in the butter gradually in 3-4 portions, and knead it for another 10 minutes.
- Take out 1000 grams of the dough (this will be the white part).
- Color the the remaining part of the dough with 1 tsp/tbsp of Blue Spirulina powder, depending on how deep of a hue you would like to achieve.
- Roll out the white and the purple doughs on the countertop sprinkled with flour.
- Place the two rolled out doughs on top of each other in the following order: white dough – purple dough. Roll up the milk-loaf, and place it in a loaf tin.
- Let the dough rise for 40-60 minutes.
- Glaze the milk-loaf with an egg before baking.
- Bake the milk-loaf at 185°C for 40 minutes, then let it rest for 10 minutes before cutting it up.