Citrusy Flower Cookies
bis Lili Nyári auf Mar 20, 2023
Ingredients for 30-40 cookies:
- 310 g all purpose flour
- 90 g powdered sugar
- 285 g vegan butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 orange’s zest
Ingredients for the colorful icing:
- 250 g powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp water
- Yes Superfood powders
- Preheat the oven to 165°C and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir the flour and powdered sugar together. Now add the softened butter, the vanilla and the zest and mix with a hand mixer on low-medium speed until blended well. The dough will look crumbly and soft but should smush together when squeezed in your hands.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on your countertop and sprinkle with a little flour, then form the dough into a ball and place in the middle of the parchment paper.
- Use another piece of parchment paper for the top, sprinkling a little flour on top of the dough to prevent sticking, and roll the dough to about 1 centimeter thick. Cut into desired shapes (we used flower shaped cookie cutters) and place on the prepared baking sheets.
- Continue re-rolling the dough until it is all used. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, until the bottom is just slightly golden. Let cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- For the icing, first mix the powdered sugar and the water in a large bowl, and then separate the icing into as many bowl as many colors you want. Use 1/2-1 teaspoon of Yes Superfood powders to color the icing.
- Decorate your cookies by dipping them in the icing/using a piping bag!