VEGAN CINNAMON ROLLS WITH PINK GLAZE
by yes_superfood Admin on May 20, 2022
Vegan Cinnamon Rolls with Pink Glaze
Ingredients for 8 rolls:
For the dough:
- 250 ml plant-based milk
- 75 g vegan butter
- 25 g fresh yeast
- 30 g sugar
- pinch of salt
- 500 g flour
For the filling:
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 50 g sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
For the pink glaze:
- 100 g powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp plant-based milk
- 1 tbsp Yes Superfood Dragon Fruit superfood powder
- Heat up the plant-based milk and the vegan butter for the dough in a bowl, and let it cool back to ca. 40°C. (Hot milk kills the yeast!)
- Sprinkle the yeast into the milk, and let it rise for 10 minutes. Then add the sugar and salt.
- Mix in the flour gradually, until you get a thick, sticky dough. Sprinkle some flour on your countertop, and roll the dough into a ball.
- Rinse the bowl with water, put some oil into it, and put the dough in it. Cover the bowl with kitchen film, and let the dough rise for 1 hour in a warm place.
- Roll out the dough in a rectangular shape, ca. 5 mm thick. Put the melted butter on the dough, then sprinkle it with sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll up the dough and cut it into 4-5 cm tall rolls. Place them into a buttered 20 x 20 cm baking tray.
- Let the rolls rise for 10 minutes in the baking tray, until you heat up the oven to 170°C.
- Bake the rolls for 20-25 minutes.
- Mix the ingredients of the pink glaze and pour it over the cooled rolls.