Purple Coconut Panna Cotta
by Lili Nyári on Feb 05, 2023
Ingredients for 6 serving:
- 1 Tablespoon unflavored gelatin powder
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 2 ¼ cup canned full-fat unsweetened coconut milk
- ¾ cup canned unsweetened coconut cream
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- coloring: 2-3 Tablespoons of Yes Superfood Butterfly Pea Powder (depending on what hue you would like to achieve)
- In a small bowl, combine gelatin powder with water. Stir and let sit for 5 minutes until the moisture has been fully absorbed.
- In a medium saucepan, combine coconut milk, coconut cream, and sugar. Set over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Continue to heat until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool 5-8 minutes.
- Add in gelatin. Stir until gelatin has completely dissolved.
- Divide the mixture into as many parts, as many layers you want to create. Color the mixture by mixing in the Butterfly Pea Powder gradually.
- Pour the first and darkest layer into the glasses and let it cool in the fridge.
- After the first layer has chilled, keep repeating this process and make as many layers, as you would like.
- Let the panna cottas rest in the fridge for a total of 6 hours before serving.