Vegan Gluten-Free Madeleines with Pink Chocolate
by Lili Nyári on Feb 05, 2023
Ingredients for 18 Madeleines:
- 115 g white rice flour
- 50 g almond flour
- 80 g white sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 100 ml almond milk
- 40 g vegan butter melted (not hot)
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped lime or lemon zest add more for extra lime flavor
- ½ cup chopped white chocolate
- 3-4 tablespoons Yes Superfood Dragon Fruit Powder
- Whisk together the white rice flour, almond flour, white sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the almond milk, melted vegan butter (make sure it's not hot), vanilla extract, and lime zest. Whisk until fully combined and smooth. Cover with plastic film and refrigerate overnight.
- Lightly grease your madeleine pan with vegan butter and pipe the cold batter into each cavity, to the ¾. Transfer the filled madeleine pan to the freezer for 8-10 minutes, or to the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C with the fan off.
- Once chilled, transfer the madeleine pan to the oven and bake at 220°C for 2 minutes, then turn down the heat to 180°C and bake for another 6-8 minutes, or until your madeleines have a hump and are golden brown on the bottom. Note: baking time depends on the size of the cavities of your pan.
- Let the madeleines cool for a couple of minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- To make the chocolate shell, make sure your madeleines are cooled completely. Melt the white chocolate over steam.
- Grind the Dragon Fruit Powder into a fine, smooth powder, using a fork or a food processor.
- Once the chocolate melted, stirr in the Dragon Fruit Powder. Pour about one teaspoon of melted chocolate into one cavity of your madeleine pan and use a spoon to spread it. Top with your madeleine and slightly press it down. Repeat with the remaining chocolate and madeleines and place the pan in the refrigerator (or freezer) until the chocolate has hardened. Once the chocolate is hard, you should be able to remove the chocolate coated madeleines easily. If not, place in the freezer for 5 minutes.